NEW YEARS CHECKLIST - 15 QUESTIONS FOR YOUR BEST YEAR YET
I find it can be hard to create goals and resolutions when the new year comes lurking around the corner. How am I supposed to alter my life for the better when I'm still recovering from my holiday food-coma? It's slightly unfair, if you ask me. What I've done instead, is think about what happened in the past year. It's easier for me to think about what I've already done or accomplished, and then build goals from there. So I thought I'd share a little list of questions that you can use to do the same. At the end, review your answers and you may find that the goal or resolution that would be the most beneficial for the new year is not so hard to conjure after all. Enjoy!
1. ARE THERE ANY SIGNIFICANT PLACES I TRAVELED?
2. WHAT DID I SEE, DISCOVER OR EXPLORE?
3. WHAT DID I SPEND THE MOST TIME WORKING ON THIS YEAR?
4. WHAT SKILLS DID I LEARN, IMPROVE OR MASTER?
5. WHICH PERSONAL QUALITY DID I DEVELOP OR STRENGTHEN?
6. I FELT MOST ALIVE WHEN __________ ?
7. WHICH HABITS DID I CHANGE, CULTIVATE OR GET RID OF?
8. WHAT DID I ACHIEVE CAREER-WISE?
9. WHAT BROUGHT ME HAPPINESS IN THIS PAST YEAR?
10. WHAT AM I MOST PROUD OF THIS YEAR?
11. WHAT DO I WANT MY EVERYDAY LIFE TO BE LIKE IN THIS NEW YEAR?
12. HOW WOULD I LIKE THIS NEW YEAR TO BE DIFFERENT FROM THIS PAST YEAR?
13. WHAT DO I WANT MY OVERARCHING THEME TO BE THIS NEW YEAR?
14. HOW DO I WANT TO REMEMBER THIS NEW YEAR WHEN I LOOK BACK ON IT NEXT YEAR?
15. WHAT IS MY NUMBER ONE GOAL FOR THE NEW YEAR?
YAY! You did it. Cheers to a happy new year!